‘Trailblazing Women, Art & The Law’
Date(s) - 19/03/2014
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Lovett Galley, Newcastle Region Library, 2nd Floor Laman Street
Join us for an evening of art, wine and celebrating trailblazing women lawyers in Newcastle. The newly revamped Newcastle Chapter of the Women Lawyers Association of NSW is pleased to present this exciting event featuring a panel of inspirational Newcastle women.
Our panel will include:
- Kate Lindsay. Kate has been a senior member of academic staff of the Newcastle University Law School for many years.
- Lyn McLardy. Lyn was admitted to practise in 1967, has recently retired and was the first practising woman solicitor in Newcastle.
- Helen Wilson SC. Helen is a Crown Solicitor and the first woman barrister to be appointed Senior Counsel in Newcastle.
- Anne Kinnear. Anne has conducted her own practice, Kinnear & Company, since 1994.
Tickets Members $30pp/ Student Members $20pp , Non-Members $35pp/ Student Non-Members $25pp include:
- SHE: true stories, ordinary and extraordinary Art Exhibition
- An all-female string trio from the Newcastle Improvised Music Association
- Drinks and canapés
Please share this event with your networks and help us start the conversation about what women in the Hunter want as we launch this new offering under the WLANSW umbrella.
Please refer to the attached pdf flyer for further details and registration. Tickets limited so book early!
Please be advised that photographs and/or audio and video recording may occur at events organised by Women Lawyers Association NSW for use on our website, marketing materials and publications. By entering a WLANSW event, you consent to WLANSW photographing or recording and using your image and likeness. This may also be applicable at events not organised by WLANSW, but still advertised on this site.