Women Lawyers 4th National Conference, Women Lawyers in a Public World
Date(s) - 10/08/2012 - 12/08/2012
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
The bi-ennial Australian Women Lawyers 4th National Conference, Women Lawyers in a Public World, brings together leading legal practitioners with the aim of educating, encouraging and discovering the balance between work and life.
The conference reaffirms AWL’s commitment to the practice and advancement of women in the legal profession. AWL also works to eliminate both direct and indirect discrimination in the legal system and the administration of justice to ensure that the legal system is more responsive to women’s needs.
Program at a glance
- Biodiversity and the law: Examining state, federal and international legislation
- Chief Justice High Court of Australia address
- The good, the bad and ugly truths about social media
- Restorative justice and female offenders
- Powerful bundling of intellectual property rights. Ownership and authorship in a digital medium
- Trailblazing women and the law
- Surviving and thriving as a woman in the law: Attrition, retention and progression
Book early and save with the advanced price and don’t forget to register for the Gala dinner.
Please be advised that photographs and/or audio and video recording may occur at events organised by Women Lawyers Association NSW for use on our website, marketing materials and publications. By entering a WLANSW event, you consent to WLANSW photographing or recording and using your image and likeness. This may also be applicable at events not organised by WLANSW, but still advertised on this site.