The Sexual Harassment subcommittee will increase awareness of the prevalence of sexual harassment in the workplace, and especially in the legal profession, and will advocate for measures to be adopted that aim at preventing sexual harassment in the workplace and remedying defects in the current complaint handling system.
In 2020, the Sexual Harassment subcommittee intends to:
1. Review the AHRC’s Sexual Harassment National Inquiry report (the Report);
2. Lobby Government for law reform arising from the Report and our submission to the Report;
3. Prepare opinion pieces and articles designed to raise awareness of sexual harassment in the legal industry and relevant steps that could be taken to address this arising from the Report;
4. Engage with potential allies in relation to the above (including the OLSC);
5. Arrange events in relation to the above.