We congratulate all our nominees in this year’s NSW Women Lawyers Achievement Awards and are delighted to announce the winners as noted below. The winners were announced at a Gala Presentation Dinner on Friday 25 September at WatersEdge, Sydney. At the recommendation of the Judging Panel which comprised representatives from the Attorney General’s Department of NSW, the Bar Association of NSW, the Law Society of NSW, the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association and WLANSW, a further nominee received a ‘Highly Commended’ acknowledgement.
- 'In House' Woman Lawyer of the Year, sponsored by Curwoods Lawyers - Bronwyn Carr, Lead Lawyer at American Express
- Woman Lawyer of the Year in a Community Organisation - Edwina Mac Donald at Women's Legal Services NSW
- Women Lawyer Advocate of the Year - Tina Jowett, Sixth Floor Windeyer Chambers
- Woman Lawyer of the Year in Private Practice - Anny Slater, Principal of Slaters Intellectual Property Lawyers
- "Up And Coming" Woman Lawyer of the Year - Ruth Chalmers at Redfern Aboriginal Legal Service
- A 'Highly Commended' Special Judging Panel's Award - Maureen Peatman, Partner at Hunt & Hunt
Our patron Justice Mathews AO announced that our Keynote Speaker for the Awards Gala Dinner, The Honourable Justice Virginia Bell of the High Court of Australia, was also the recipient of the 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award which was presented by Her Excellency Prof. Marie Bashir AC CVO, State Governor of NSW.
The Women Lawyers Association of NSW supported by the Law Society of New South Wales, the Attorney-General's Department of NSW, the NSW Bar Association, the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association, and the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency, thank you for joining us in recognising outstanding women lawyers who have achieved excellence in their area of practice, while advancing opportunities for women in the law.
Please click here for photos from the Awards Presentation Dinner, compliments of the Happy Medium Photo Company http://happymediumphoto.com.au/