The Women Lawyers Association of NSW (WLANSW) held its 6th Women Lawyers Achievement Awards at a Gala Presentation Dinner, Dockside Cockle Bay, Darling Harbour on Friday 25 October 2013.
Since our inaugural awards dinner in 1995, WLANSW has received the endorsement of the Law Society of NSW, the NSW Bar Association and the Department of Attorney General & Justice (NSW), and in 2009 the Australian Corporate Lawyer’s Association added their support and endorsement with our introduction of a new dedicated award for an “in-house” lawyer award category. The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA, previously EOWA) also added their support and endorsement to our awards in 2007.
The NSW Women Lawyers Achievement Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of women in the law in NSW.
This year the Judging Panel also awarded a ‘Highly Commended’ Award, and the winners are:
- WOMAN LAWYER OF THE YEAR IN PRIVATE PRACTICE - Susan Warda
- “IN-HOUSE” WOMAN LAWYER OF THE YEAR - proudly sponsored by Clifford Chance - Carolyn Hoy
- WOMAN LAWYER OF THE YEAR IN A COMMUNITY OR ACADEMIC ORGANISATION - Andrea Christie-David
- WOMAN LAWYER ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR - The Hon Justice Melissa Perry
- “UP AND COMING” WOMAN LAWYER OF THE YEAR - proudly sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers - Natasha Walls
- "HIGHLY COMMENDED" JUDGE'S AWARD - Fay Calderone
The Award Dinner Program notes further details of the nominees and winners, Lifetime Achievement recipient, The Hon Justice Margaret Beazley AO, our Guest Speaker, Prof Gillian Triggs, President of the Australian Human Rights Commission, and our Sponsors and Supporters of our Awards.
Life Membership honours were announced:
The Hon Justice Margaret Beazley AO
The Hon Jennifer Boland AM
Prof Rosalind Croucher
Judge Robyn Tupman
We congratulate all of our nominees, winners and Life Membership recipients.